I didn’t realise this at first, of course I knew it was a good year, but that “good year” is filled with memories and it sometimes takes a moment to remember them all – especially at the end of the year!!!
It wasn’t until someone said to me last week, “you’ve had a great year this year Finley know wonder you have a cold now, you’ve been so busy!” And I thought, oh have I……I guess I have been busy, wow it has been a great year, as this person rattled off some of the things she knew I’d been up to!!!
I could start now and list all the things I’ve done this very year…….but they are just a LIST of things I’ve done. It doesn’t depict;
– any of the fantastic conversations that were had, or
– the myriad of strangers with lovely smiles that I’ve met,
– to the giggling and silliness from my nieces and nephews,
– sombre quiet moments spent pondering and praying over when our child will come…
– times spent just sitting on a couch, chatting with my family
– for the times when I cried in happiness as I watched my life long friend marry the love of his life!
– seeing how friends have changed and grown and become happier by the day
– quiet moments just laying beside my husband as we watched a movie
– the simple prayers that were answered by people with nothing but only their faith to give while in Cambodia
– seeing people healed from hands being laid upon them while at a church service
– to reading of miracle births and pregnancies from women who had been praying for the blessing of children!
– having all the people I love healthy and with a steady income and jobs…
The beautiful moments that you can’t capture with a camera, you can only hear them in your memories and feel them in your heart!
Its these things that have made my 2014. It’s these things that have made me say, God – you have been SO good to me this year! I can’t wait to see what plans await us in 2015!